Monday, April 06, 2015

Hiking - Liberty Dam

This is mostly a picture post.  I've lived in Carroll County almost 16 years and this was the first time I've ever been to Liberty Dam.

As you can see here, the government is going a great job of protecting us from the environment.


This is the reservoir behind the 160' dam.  The water was barely trickling over the dam, but that's a million times more water than all of California has.  Way to go, L.A.!


Here is the dam from the front.  I would have had to hike for miles to get down to the bottom.  There were people down there.  Maybe I'll do that on another day.  Technically this is the Baltimore County side of the dam and the other side is Carroll County.


No comments:

Who links to my website?
 
Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites