Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Piney Run Fishing Report

I haven't blogged in a while, so I have a bunch of ideas that I need to catch up on.  Unfortunately for the blog, the O'Malley posts require more thought, so I'm sticking to some of the easier ones right now.

Fishing.  What's up with fishing this year?  Is anyone else having trouble catching fish this year?  I have been to Piney Run Park to fish 8 times this year and have caught exactly one blue gill.  My son, whom I consider a superb fisherman, hasn't caught much.  One small large mouth bass, one yellow perch, one decent blue gill, and several smaller ones.

Fishing pier at Piney Run Park

I know it's been cold this spring.  Is the cold weather keeping the fish in the middle of the lake?  Do they not like to eat when it's chilly?  What's going on?

I will say that the old man that I see there all the time has not had any trouble catching fish.  Well, no trouble catching fish relative to me.  When I ask him how he's done, he always responds that he caught a couple.  Meanwhile, I see him catch crappie after crappie. I know he makes his own bait.  I've gone out and bought something that looks like his bait the last two times I've seen him use new bait.

I'm hoping to take my son to Jonas Green Park this Memorial Day weekend for some shore fishing on the Severn.  I'm hoping for nice weather, but at this point it looks like it will be getting cooler again.  Stupid global cooling.

What's your fishing experience this spring?

4 comments:

Meand3Jays said...

Definitely off to a slow start. A handful of bluegills, one catfish, two trout, and a sucker fish. It's definitely the cold water temps. This sucks!

Arianna said...

for me fishing in quite boring experience. but my thought has changed after experienced the fishing in Dubai. it was really a fun.

Clover Pass Resort said...

I've been fishing for trout for more than 25 years and in that time I've learned a few tips and tricks that will help anyone bring home more trout on their next fishing outing. If you're interested in catching more trout, this article is certainly for you.

Guided Salmon Fishing Alaska

Unknown said...

It's a really nice place for fishing, have a nice view and I think it's air is refreshing just like at this peaceful place I've visited.

Who links to my website?
 
Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites