Monday, May 21, 2012

Sykesville House Fire

My son and I decided to go fishing on Sunday.  He decided that he needed some more tackle, so we went to Wal-Mart.  When we came out I noticed this big plume of puffy gray smoke billowing up from the distance.  We didn't decide to go there, but it seemed to be on the way.  Once we got to White Rock Road, we could see the smoke coming from the ground.  I thought perhaps the barn was on fire.

Fortunately (Unfortunately?) the traffic was crawling as everyone was slowing down to take a look at this.  It's not every day that you see a big fire.  When we finally got close enough to see the fire we found that it was actually a house fire.  You're heart absolutely sinks when you realize that a house is on fire.

I'm not sure if this fire was an accident or a controlled burn of a structure that was going to be removed anyway.  I could not find any news on the Internet about the fire.  I sincerely hope no one lost their home.

From the picture I can tell that Sykesville Freedom Fire Department and Winfield Fire Department responded.  I'll keep checking the fire departments' websites and the local news and update you with anything I find.




No comments:

Who links to my website?
 
Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites