Sunday, February 26, 2012

Eldersburg Starbucks Opening Soon!

I drove by the former K Bank in the Eldersburg Plaza today on my way for a jog at Liberty High School and noticed that the new Starbucks is almost ready to open. I'd be surprised if they didn't open this week. The newly renovated building looks sharp. They did a real nice job.

Fortunately, they averted disaster last week. I drove by on Tuesday on my way home from a doctor's appointment in Westminster and followed the Sykesville\Freedom firetruck down Liberty Road. When I passed the new Starbucks I noticed that one of the bushes by the entrance was burnt to a black crisp and some workers were putting out the last smoldering remains with a garden hose. Perhaps a spark from the workers set the bush on fire. When I drove by today the bush in question had been removed.

I look forward to their long-term success and hope that it gainfully employs many people in the area, even if the jobs are part-time and probably entry-level work force wages.



And for the record I ran 8 miles today. It took me an hour and 22 minutes, but I did it. It was the first time I have ever run 8 miles. My goal is to run 10 miles, then after that to run a half marathon, which is 13.1 miles. I'm getting close! I also enjoyed a group of people training for a mudder event. They were pushing hard, motivating me to do the same.

No comments:

Who links to my website?
 
Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites