Sunday, February 27, 2011

More Lights Attacking Eldersburg

You'll recall that a few weeks ago I posted about how Eldersburg is under attack from scrolling and stationary LED light signs. They are a deterioration to the quaint scenery of Eldersburg. I can tell how much gasoline costs at the Shell Station from 3 miles away now. Is that necessary? I know that Jiffy Lube is running a special on windshield wiper blades, a sale that I learned about while crossing the Liberty Reservoir.

I received several comments and agreeing complaints from readers. They agreed that these signs are detracting from our town and wanted to know what we can do about it. Complain to your state delegate Susan Krebs. Complain to your Carroll County Commissioner Doug Howard. Complain to the Carroll County Office of Zoning and Planning.

Since then several of you have given me examples of more places that have these signs. They include:

Carroll Community Bank


The new Crown Station on Liberty Road (they finally took down the hand-painted bed sheet with their logo and replaced with a legitimate sign - with LED lights).


And Liberty High School, this sign on Route 32.


When will this madness end?

No comments:

Who links to my website?
 
Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites