Monday, August 16, 2010

Eldersburg Library - Drive Thru

When I saw the signs that the Eldersburg Library was getting a "drive-thru" (why do we insist on spelling this incorrectly?) I wondered, where in the world are they going to put it? The entire building is wrapped in sidewalks are parking spaces. I can only imagine that one of those will be gone.

I went by the other day and I found out what is going away - the parking spaces. I'm not sure if I like this idea. If you've ever been to the library you'll have to agree that the parking layout is not that great. The doors are in the middle of the building, yet the parking is on either end. I realize that the plot of land restricts the parking accommodations. But that should have been considered 30 years ago when they constructed the building.

Now the limited parking spots are being swept away for the convenience of fat people who don't want to get out of the car and walk the books and DVD's all the way up to the drop-box.

Additionally, I would have to believe that the direction of the parking lot lanes will have to reverse. How will the cars be able to drop off the materials if the current egress requires them to pull up passenger-side to the new drop-off window? It's a mess I tell you!

No comments:

Who links to my website?
 
Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites