Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Birthday Prizes

This week was my birthday. Yes, I'm 29. Again. Heck, pretty soon I can start claiming to be 39.

Anyway, it was another good year. I took off from work and spent time with my family. I started the day by sleeping in. What an awesome present!

My daughter then made homemade muesli. Yummy!

I then ran errands. Stuff's gotta get done, right? I first stopped by the Sherwin Williams in Eldersburg for some paint and Goo Gone. I've never heard of Goo Gone, but my daughter insisted we needed some.


We then headed off to the MVA's VEIP in Owings Mills to get my Honda Pilot inspected. Did you know those rollers and fans are gone? I pulled up and there was one car in front of me. I pulled out my book, John Randolph of Roanoke by Russell Kirk, and kept glancing up for my turn. I finally hear this "yoo-hoo", but I couldn't figure out where it was coming from. Finally I spot a man 2 bays down signaling me over.


I was in and out in about 2 minutes. I love the new system! All they need to do is plug in your car.

After that was lunch at Fuddruckers, a quick stop at Target, Penn Camera, and finally back home. Dinner was at the Outback. And finally home for a swim in the neighbor's pool and off to bed.


My family got me this Nikkor lens for Father's Day, which was a part Father's Day, part birthday gift. I love it!

I also bought myself a couple of things. I bought this Husky 2 gallon air compressor. This is for pumping up soccer balls and my ego.


I also bought this Chicago 10" telescopic miter saw off of a guy on Craigslist. I drove down to his house in Howard County. I think his name was Cigarette. He had an entire garage full of what I presume to be stolen tools - or he's in the wholesale business. He was pretty shady. He asked if I was looking for any other tools. I mentioned that I'd love to get a combination fixed base plunge router. He said he had one in the basement if I wanted to follow him. All of a sudden I was in a hurry. My wife asked what I was going to do with a miter saw. Cut things, of course.


So all in all, another great year. Here's to 100 more birthdays!

No comments:

Who links to my website?
 
Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites