Monday, August 16, 2010

Arundel Mills Mall - Crime Central

I like to venture down to Arundel Mills Mall once in a while. Sure, I know that it's fairly likely that you'll get busted over the head with a baseball bat, or you'll find yourself with a chrome 45 in your ribs as you are packing your car. It happens all the time there. That's why when we go to Arundel Mills Mall, we go early. Hopefully the thugs are still in bed recovering from the previous night's muggings.

On our last visit, we went there to take advantage of tax-free shopping to get clothes and shoes for the kids. We purchased some sneakers from the Nike Outlet, some pants at Old Navy. And I'm sure some other crap. We had lunch at Chevy's Tex Mex Grill (or whatever it's called). We love eating there. Good food!

Our last stop was Bass Pro Outlet. My wife and older daughter did some more looking around while I entertained my son and youngest daughter while looking at the fish in the tank. I find it hysterical that my son corrects me on the types of fish. He's knows his fish much better than I do.

We finally left about 4pm, went over to the airport to watch some planes take off, then over to Trader Joes for some odds and ends, and finally to home.

That night my wife realized that didn't have the Nike sneakers with us. We searched the car, the living room, the bedroom, but they were nowhere to be found. Being late at night I had to wait until the next day to call the Lost and Found at the Mall. I knew exactly what happened - I set the packages down when looking at the fish and never picked up the bag of sneakers.

Early Monday I called Bass Pro. The nice old man transferred me to the office where I left a message. I then called Arundel Mills Security and they confirmed that no one dropped off a package. I called Nike - no answer.

I never heard back from Bass Pro, so I called back later in the day. And was transferred to the office. And left a message.

The next day, after not hearing back again, I called Bass Pro. And was transferred to the office. And left a message. This game was repeated until this Saturday when I finally got through. The nice lady looked around and confirmed that there were no Nike packages. She asked why I waited so long to call.

So this morning I get the email that my credit card cycle has ended and I went to my account to see what I owe. +$6000. WHOA!!! I normally owe about $2500 during the cycle. I started going through the charges:

Forever21 - my wife and I aren't desperately holding onto our youth to that degree
Panda Express - lunch on me!
Arundel Mills kiosk - yeah, I don't buy anything from those annoying vendors
J.C. Penney - my wife and I aren't over 65, so we wouldn't shop here either - especially the one in California
Marshall's - junk
Kohl's - yes, we do shop here, but not at the one in Fresno, California.
Liquor Store - I buy bear now and then, but not over $100 in a single visit - in California.

And there are requests for 3 cash advances.

What I cannot understand is that my credit card is not gone. My wife and I both have our cards. So how could someone use them in Arundel Mills without the actual card??? I can understand making Internet charges with just the number. Is there a credit card conspiracy going on at Arundel Mills?

Another oddity - while I mention that we ate at Chevy's, we were never charged for our meal. The waitress was hungover as crap, so I attributed her unusual behavior to the cheap beer and cigarettes. I may give them a call today.

I find it really annoying when I shop at Arundel Mills Mall. They always ask for my identification when using my credit card. I always say, "We're not in Carroll County anymore!"

But this really shouldn't be a problem anymore. I refuse to go back there. It's not worth the pain in the ass. The clientele of Arundel Mills currently steal your money through various and nefarious methods. And if O'Malley gets his way with the slots parlor, there will be another way for people to steal your money. Gotta love this state!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry that this happened to you. At Qdoba, we take our food safety and guest’s personal safety very seriously.

That being said, there was a recent credit card breach at this single franchise location in Owings Mills. As soon as we were alerted of this breach, we actively initiated the proper procedures to remedy this. Immediately, the particular location in question was taken offline so that no additional information could be transmitted. Additionally, FishNet Security, a third party security group approved by the Credit Card Consortium came to this particular location to remove the hardware to conduct a forensic investigation.

Before this system is brought back online, we will replace all the affected components and the Franchisee will work with the credit card processor to re-certify this system as being PCI compliant.

In the meantime, as with any credit card breach, we are recommending that guests who believe they were affected to contact their credit card companies directly to have charges removed and to receive a new card.

Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any additional questions or concerns. We can be reached at PR@Qdoba.com.

Who links to my website?
 
Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites