Friday, February 19, 2010

Follow Up to Carroll County Bureaucrats

Who says actions speak louder than words? Taking lessons from Martin O'Malley, I'm taking credit for the snow removal in my neighborhood. Who knew that bureaucrats for Carroll County read my blog and noticed my complaints?

When I arrived home today after work, I noticed that my streets were much wider. Two cars could actually pass each other rather than having to pull into someone's driveway while allowing the other car to pass. However, I did not see the piles of snow lined up against everyone's driveway. To me this meant that the snow was removed. When I pulled into my driveway I looked around and saw where they put the snow - in the front yards of my neighbors across the street. So each of them now have 9 foot piles of brown and gray snow in the middle of their yards.

Additionally, my mailbox is now accessible without the mail carrier having to get out of her truck and walk up my ice path. But this wasn't done before she left me a nasty-gram. Yesterday when I got home from work I found this in my mailbox.



She wanted me to remove the 6ft by 4ft by 30 ft section of packed ice. Now, if a cubic foot of water weighs 62.38 pounds, then I would need to remove 335,953 pounds of ice. If my calculations are correct - Post Office lady - you can kiss my butt.

No comments:

Who links to my website?
 
Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites