Monday, September 14, 2009

Socialized Healthcare - What if....

I'm not pretending to understand the new healthcare bill. I haven't read it. But I'll bet Martin O'Malley's job that your Congressmen or Senators haven't read it either.

One of the points that I've heard and read is that if you are an employer with at least 50 employees you will be forced to offer health insurance. And as an individual you will be forced to have health insurance one way or the other.

So think about this. What if:

1) I am a sole-proprietor? I must purchase my own health insurance. Very expensive.

2) I have 50 employees? I must offer them health insurance. Very expensive.

3) I own a part-time business run on the weekends with 50 employees who all work part-time (less than 20 hours over the weekend)? Must I offer them health insurance?

4) I own a part-time business with 50 friends who are gainfully employed and who already have health insurance through their full-time job? Do I still need to offer them health insurance?

5) I employ 50 volunteers? Do I need to offer them health insurance?

No comments:

Who links to my website?
 
Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites