Friday, March 13, 2009

Wikipedia Snub

One of my nerdy hobbies is/was to create the biographies of elected Republicans. I completed all of the current Republicans from Maryland (there aren't that many) and I did as many former Republicans as I could find.

Some of the delegates and state senators do not have a lot of information online. For some of these I have been contacting them directly. Most have been very helpful. To name a few - Delegate Susan Krebs, Delegate Jeannie Haddaway, Delegate Andrew Serafini. All responded promptly and provided the information I requested and were grateful for the work that I was doing.

My latest inquiry was to Delegate LeRoy Myers, District 1C in Allegany and Washington Counties. Now, I do not know him personally, and you certainly cannot (should not) read intent into the email. All I asked him was:

Delegate Myers,
I was going to update your wikipedia profile to include more information. The Maryland Archives indicates that you attended Hagerstown Community College. Did you graduate or just attend? And what high school did you graduate from? Is there any other information you would like to have included?
Sincerely
Eludius

Today I got his response:

Eludius,
Thank you for contacting me however I am not interesting in updating a Wikipedia Profile which I didn’t create. Thanks but no thank you.

Delegate LeRoy Myers


In Delegate Myers' defense, he is a hard-working politician. He is the one who submitted legislation trying to ban the use of fake bull balls that hang from the bumpers of many pick-up trucks in Western Maryland and in Dundalk. He tried very hard to prevent these people from looking like a bunch of clowns.

So I guess I'll move onto the next politician who's missing key information. Oh, well.

No comments:

Who links to my website?
 
Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites