Monday, June 16, 2008

Project 10 Pounds - day 16

I started off the month at 174 pounds. Perhaps a little more. On Saturday I ran a 5K here at work. My time was not very good. It was 29:07, which is about 3 minutes slower than my best time. However, in my defense, it was 120ยบ with 200% humidity. It felt like we were running in a hot tub. Thirty minutes after the race ended I was still sweating. And no hot girls were coming up to hit on me. How disappointing! I take that back. Kimmie and Tina talked to me.

Yesterday, (Father's Day), I trimmed bushes outside for 3 hours. I even trimmed my lazy neighbor's bushes. They were encroaching onto my yard. I went and knocked on his door first just to let him know what I was doing. Then I informed him that he had some feral trees growing in his garden in the corner (as if he knew what that meant). I offered to dig them up since I would be down there trimming the bushes back. He told me that I really didn't have to do that. I told him that I really didn't mind. He finally agreed and said that he wished that he could help, but he had a lot of school work to do. This is coming from the guy who has been living in the house for 3 years and hasn't trimmed a single bush in his entire yard.

So Sunday was hotter than I thought it was. I was wiping my brow about every 5 seconds. My shirt was soaking wet. My arms and legs were covered in cuts and dirt. Some of the bushes that I cut back in his yard were full of old bird nests and what appeared to be an old mouse nest. Plenty of thistle. I have the scratches all over my arms and legs to prove it. Finally, I took my trimmers and lawnmower and trimmed back the thorn bushes and willow branches along the path behind my house. You can now ride your bicycle behind my house without smashing your head into low hanging vegetation.

After I took a shower and removed the grime from my body, I weighed myself. I was under 167 pounds - 166.8 to be exact. My goal for June is to get to 164. I am TOTALLY within reach of my goal. However, after 3 Gatorade's to rehydrate myself, I know that I am retaining some water. And those 2 pieces of Kentucky Fried Chicken didn't help. I'll post about that experience next. But with 2 weeks to go, I see no reason why I cannot reach my goal, unless I totally take a crap on myself and have a Dorito breakdown.

1 comment:

Charm City Kim said...

Nice job!

Want to come over to my house and landscape for me? I seem to have a black thumb.

Who links to my website?
 
Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites