Friday, February 15, 2008

Violent Crime In Baltimore To Come To And End

Violent crime in Baltimore City as we know it is about to come to an end. Mayor Sheila Dixon has found a solution that has eluded previous mayors for decades. And her solution is so simple. A database!

With this crime tracking database, gun crimes, ballistics and other related data will be entered into this powerful database in corroboration with New York City. With this information, crime will come to a halt.

In an interview with some criminals on the streets of Baltimore, nearly all of them are scared straight by the news of the this new database. "I ain't afraid of no police. I been shot 7 times. But I ain't taking my chances on no database. I'm done my wicked ways" claims an anonymous criminal at the Inner Harbor.

Other gun toters are saying the same thing. I interviewed a group of criminals who were stealing cars at a Metro Subway parking lot what they thought on Thursday. What do they intend to do now that this new crime-fighting database is in place? Several mentioned that they will probably return to school and eventually get certified to teach elementary school. Another wants to be a database architect. The fourth says he's always been fascinated by traffic studies and may seek a higher education in civil planning.

Who knew that a database would be such a deterrent against crime? Sheila Dixon deserves a Nobel Peace Prize. Where's that nomination committee?

1 comment:

CAG Incognito said...

WOW! I can't wait to learn about that in my transformational IT course. Who would've thunk it...

Who links to my website?
 
Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites