Monday, February 11, 2008

Maryland Primary Day Endorsements

Tuesday is the Chesapeake Primary. Or is it the Potomac Primary? It depends on which station you are watching. Me? I just call it Primary Election Day. But I'm old fashioned.

I have finally decided who to endorse, so listen carefully.

Republican
For the Republican Party, I endorse Ron Paul, the Congressman for Texas' 14th District, which includes Galveston and Texas City on the Gulf Coast. Of every survey that I take, Ron Paul comes out on top.

He's the only candidate that wants to stop the free flow of illegal immigrants into our country. He's the only one that believes the government should not be running our health care system. He's the one who wants to reduce government spending, thus reducing the taxes needed to support this crumbling system. He wants us to end our time in Iraq.

Democrat
For the Democratic primary, I endorse Barack Hussein Obama. I cannot say that I agree with his positions, even though neither he nor I know what his positions are. But I do know this - his name is not Clinton or Bush.

Are people actually serious that we'd put another family member of a previous President in office? Do we really want to look at the list of former Presidents and see Bush, Clinton, Bush, Clinton? I sure as hell don't. Obama wants change. I think we all do. I don't think I want his change, but I know I don't want her change.

Regardless of who your candidate is...regardless if you don't listen to my prophetic endorsements...get out and vote. Because I don't want to hear your whiny ass complaining about the government when you didn't actually vote.

No comments:

Who links to my website?
 
Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites