Friday, December 07, 2007

Superbad is Superbad

We watched Superbad, compliments of Netflix, the other night. Let me tell you, the movie lives up to its name. If you like hearing the F-Bomb as every-other word, by all F-ing, means, go f-ing watch this f-ing movie. It's f-ing for you. There were some funny parts, but nothing that would make me say that this is a funny movie.

About 20 minutes into it, my wife said, "Let me know when this movie gets started. Yeah, it starts off really slow. So, all in all, Superbad is super bad. Don't waste your time.

In other movie critiques, I watched The African Queen with Humphrey Bogart and Katharine Hepburn last night. Not too bad. If you have ever seen any other Humphrey Bogart movies (Casablanca, The Maltese Falcon, Sabrina, Key Largo), then you would be impressed with his role as Charlie Allnut. He plays a not-too-intelligent small boat captain on a river in Africa during World War I. If you haven't seen the other movies, definitely see them. Casablanca is a classic. If you watched Bugs Bunny as a kid, it will all make sense.

2 comments:

Charm City Kim said...

Ha! Your review reminded me of someone I know at work... strange.

Charm City Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Who links to my website?
 
Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites