Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Who's Watching My Netflix Movies?

I have been a member of Netflix for about a year now. I think it is a great deal. I subscribe to the $10.49 plan, which allows me to get one movie at a time. By flipping fast I can get 7 to 8 movies per month.

How do I do this? Let's say I get a movie on Monday. I watch it on Monday night. I take it to the post office on Tuesday morning. The Netflix distribution center gets the movie on Wednesday and ships out my next movie. The movie arrives on Thursday. I watch it on Thursday, return it on Friday. Netflix pretends that it doesn't work over the weekend, so they don't get it until Monday morning. I repeat this process each week.

Now, I know that the nearest distribution facility is in Gaithersburg, which is just outside of Washington, DC. I can drive to Gaithersburg in about 45 minutes. However, there are many times where I drop off the movie in the mail, say on a Tuesday, and Netflix claims not to have received it until Friday, sometimes the next Monday.

I suspect one of two things. First, either Netflix is just pretending not to receive my movie, or someone at the post office is double-dipping with my account. I expect the latter. I would love to know how many of my movies are returned with tape across the flap.

This is my formal warning to you deviant postal workers - stop watching my Netflix movies or I'll be forced....to write more taunting blog entries about you.

No comments:

Who links to my website?
 
Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites Add to Technorati Favorites